Wednesday, July 30, 2014

On the Mountain Again!

**I promise to come back and add pictures later. I'm having connectivity issues and pictures take too much broadband.

We had a fantastic day of travel, even though one plane was delayed due to a thunderstorm. We were kind of bummed at first that our seats were all spread out on both flights, but God had plans. As always. We had many opportunities to talk with people around us - about life, ourselves, our church, our beliefs, our Jesus. A very tired crew rolled into the hotel in Lima and got some sleep. :)

Today was the day to travel up the mountain to our base village, Canta. I love this day so much! The first thing that happens is a reunion. I get to see my Peruvian sister, Eva (our translator), and usually at least one of our missionaries. Today it was Brett AND David. Doubly blessed. I also get the fun of introducing these precious people to my teammates. We get to go to the Peruvian grocery store. This is a double edged sword - I love to be surrounded by Peruvian food but herding a large group of people through a store is a little crazy!! We had lunch at a place called Norky's, which specializes in rotisserie chicken and fries. I skipped that and had a sampler plate, which led to some of our team trying some new things. For instance, they tried fried yucca with cheese, anticuchos (skewered beef heart), and mollejita (chicken stomach). Don't judge. Yummy comes in many forms!

The team had a smooth trip up the mountain. The road work we've complained about for a couple of years is almost complete!! HALLELUJAH!! We've checked into our hotel, walked to our friend Mercedes' store, and had a warm dinner. Nothing wild - soup and stir fry! We're all planned out and ready for ministry tomorrow. Pray for us HARD tonight and tomorrow. This is when people start to feel the effects of the altitude and we need everyone to be healthy. We also ask for prayers for the villages. Pray that there will actually be children to teach for our VBS and that our friends in Lachaqui will be excited to have Bible study together. Thank you to all of our prayer warriors out there! We need you so much!

If you need to communicate with any of us, I have my laptop at night, so you can always leave a comment here, send an email, or comment/message on Facebook. I'll update as often as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment